This is another one of the recipes that my husband & I love…but I am simply trying to find a way for the kids to enjoy it too is Chicken Stroganoff. Have you ever had recipes like that? You love them but your kids or spouse doesn’t so you are never actually able to make it?
Well, this is one of them for us. The kids do not want anything to do with mushrooms. I don’t know why. As a kid, I love love love loved mushrooms especially when the mushrooms were on pizza. Mushrooms… broccoli… sautéed peppers and onions… zucchini on shish kabobs… eggplant… Okay, can you tell I am a little hungry? LOL!
Point being… we are trying. Here’s one that we loved and they… well, if I’m being honest… tolerated.
- silicone spatula
- mixing bowl
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 lb chicken chopped into 1" cubes
- 1 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms sliced
- 2 tbsp shallot chopped
- 1 small white onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 4 tbsp butter salted
- 4 tbsp oat flour
- 3 tbsp white wine
- 2 cups vegetable broth low sodium
- 1 lb no yolk noodles
- 1/3 cup sour cream light
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Season the chicken with garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper.
- Cook the noodles and drain; set aside.
- Heat a large frying pan to medium-high and add 1 tbsp avocado oil.
- Cook the chicken for 2-5 minutes browning each side.
- Remove the chicken from the pan.
- Add 1 tbsp avocado oil and the mushrooms; cook for 4 minutes.
- Add shallot, onion and garlic cloves. Pour in wine. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add butter and flour. Whisk until combined.
- Slowly add broth while continuing to whisk.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, thyme, and salt.
- Allow the mixture to simmer and thicken.
- Toss in the chicken and adjust the heat to medium-low; cook 5-8 minutes
- Add the noodles and sour cream; cook for 2 minutes.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do! If you have the chance to try it, please come back on over and give it a rating. I’d be ever so thankful!
Prepare, perform & praise